Professional probe with fast-tensioning system.
Light, rigid, and exceptionally fast to assemble: the Mammut Carbon 280 Speed Lock Probe is all about speed and performance in the most complicated scenarios. High-quality carbon provides a rigid and lightweight construction for the Carbon Probe 280 Speed Lock.
The glove-friendly, high-tensile telescopic Speed Lock system is specially designed for a quick, reliable assembly. On extension, an audible click tells you the probe is tensioned correctly and fully engaged. The ergonomic handle can be clipped onto the extended probe, keeping it out of the way while in use.
The enhanced, 360 degree visual depth guide ensures you always have the right information to hand, while the shaped tip has been designed to cut through debris efficiently, saving energy when probing. The bottom section of the probe is highlighted orange for a visual guide as you near a buried victim. In an emergency situation, every second counts, which is why our avalanche equipment meets the highest possible safety standards.
All Mammut avalanche probes are UIAA certified for efficient rescue, durability, and ergonomic handling. This probe measures 45cm when collapsed, 280cm when extended, and includes a cover with integrated emergency plan.
- Length: Collapsed: 45 cm / Extended: 280 cm
- Tensioning System: Speed Lock System
- Diameter: 13.25 mm
- Segments: 7
- Weight: 275 g
- Stable, lightweight probe segment made from durable aluminum
- Extremely precise probe scaling on both sides
- Durable tensile tensioning cord for maximum stability of probe tensioning system
- Drop-shaped probe tip for energy-saving probing
- Suitable for use with gloves
- UIAA certified